The most common problems that can be encountered are:
- Falling of tiles.
If minor cracks are found, they can be covered with stone putty. If this is not done on time, the water will fall inside, leading to even greater destruction. Restoration may include impregnation and polishing:
- Thoroughly clean the slab and degrease it;
- Apply a protective agent, such as bio-protection;
- In this it is impossible to use detergents containing abrasive particles, as they will scratch the stone.
If the slab has disappeared and split, it can be replaced. It is advisable to buy a bit of granite with a store for such emergencies, because then it will be quite difficult to choose a slab with the same shade. The ventilated front is the easiest in terms of repair and restoration; it is enough to fix the tile again in the same place.
If you want the granite facade to serve as long as possible, it is better to immediately order the full range of mounting, maintenance, repair and restoration services from professionals who will do everything as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Even the high-quality coatings and products made of natural stone can be destroyed, darkened, damaged or scratched over time and with improper care. To return them to the original ideal appearance, sometimes you have to resort to the restoration of natural stone (for more information.
The process of stone restoration is complex and time consuming, since it involves the use of special chemicals, equipment, tools, as well as materials for grinding and polishing. The frequency of such procedures, in many respects, depends on the mineral composition of a particular stone, as well as the features of operation of the products made from it.
- Cleaning of damaged areas to the sheer stone;
- Strengthening of a stone with the help of colorless adhesive compositions, in most cases it is liquid epoxy glue;
- Modelling of knocked edges, potholes;
- Restoration of the texture of marble or granite with glue and stone crumb;
- Surface grinding after restoration (granite grinding is usually done only in a day) marble polishing, of travertine, limestone carried out on the same day;
- Polishing of grinded stone surface;
- Marble crystallization and other natural stone that needs this procedure (polishing is enough for granite, basalt, wild stone) here you can read why crystallization of granite is not needed;
- The last stage of restoration and repair, stone treatment with protective agents, wax, polish, impregnation.
Dismantling of a natural stone with preservation of material is a complex and time-consuming task, which it is practically impossible to carry out independently. That is why the implementation of this task can best be entrusted to the professionals of SIA VABEN. These people have extensive experience in this field; they know how to dismantle one or another type of natural stone, with its subsequent preservation, as well as what equipment and tools are needed for this.
Natural stone is a durable material, the scope of which is very wide. Despite the fact that the mineral, over the years, can retain aesthetic and physical characteristics, sometimes the construction, repair or restoration work requires its dismantling.
- Dismantling the steps and risers of granite and marble;
- Dismantling the facade cladding of granite and marble slabs;
- Dismantling of floor granite and marble slabs.
If one or more tiles are damaged, you can only remove and replace them. Minor cracks can be repaired without replacing the tile. Dismantling of granite or marble slabs over the entire surface is required if:
- there are transverse cracks;
- there are chips with a depth of 10 to 15 mm;
- during the repair it is planned to change the type of coating;
Dismantling of natural stones with the preservation of the material is performed exclusively by mechanical means.Before starting work it should be understood that 100% removal of natural stone without damage is impossible. In the course of the work, stone elements may fall off by themselves.
If the dismantling is performed indoors, the room must be completely freed from furniture, equipment, textiles and other items, as in the process of work a huge amount of dust will appear.
Dismantling of natural stone from a ventilated facade is the fastest and most practical for preserving the stone in integrity.